Play Dough Recipe
Please make TWO batches of the following recipe so there is enough for the preschool class. If you double the batch, add the food colouring after step 4, so that you can make more than one colour.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar (NOT tartar sauce... that would be awful)
- ½ cup salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- Food coloring
- Combine dry ingredients in a large cooking pot.
- Combine wet ingredients in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring until completely combined and mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in pot on stove and heat at medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture forms a ball.
- Let cool and conserve in an airtight container.